- COVID-19 death toll in Europe surpasses 21,000(12 minutes ago)
Brussels, March 30 (IANS) The COVID-19 pandemic continued to ravage Europe, with the death toll in the region climbing to over 21,000 out of more than 360,000 confirmed cases.
- Moscow to restrict movements of citizens from Monday(00:49)
Moscow, March 30 (IAN) Authorities in the Russian capital have increased restrictions on movement in a bid to contain the coronavirus spread, allowing people to only leave their homes for urgent and limited purposes.
- Covid-19 cases cross 700,000 mark; toll over 33,500(00:42)
New Delhi, March 30 (IANS) The number of coronavirus cases around the world crossed the 700,000 mark near midnight on Monday, with the US comprising over a seventh of them, while the death toll crossed the 33,500 mark, with Italy (10,779) and Spain (6,606) accounting for over half of them, as the Johns Hopkins University's Coronavirus Resource Centre.
- Senior Delhi officials face action for messing up Covid-19 situation(23:25)
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) Two senior Delhi government officials were suspended from duty for failing to control the mass exodus of migrant population from the city and inept handling of the crowd, and an explanation sought from two others, an official statement said on Sunday.
- DRDO body suit to protect doctors from Covid-19(23:09)
Hyderabad, March 29 (IANS) A body suit developed by India's premier research and development organisation DRDO can protect doctors and other health workers attending on Covid-19 patients.
- Three more Covid-19 cases in Bengal, count now 21 (Lead)(23:02)
Kolkata, March 29 (IANS) Three persons, including an Army doctor, were on Sunday detected with the coronavirus infection here - in the first case of a medico getting afflicted with the dreaded Covid-19 in West Bengal, where the disease count has now gone up to 21.
- N-E states intensify war against spread of corona (Roundup)(22:48)
By Sujit Chakraborty
Guwahati/Agartala, March 29 (IANS) With two positive coronavirus cases found last week, the northeastern states on Sunday further stepped up their efforts to reach out to people and maintain the supply of essentials.
- Two more Covid-19 cases in Bengal, count now 20(22:43)
Kolkata, March 29 (IANS) Two persons, including an Army doctor, were on Sunday detected with the coronavirus infection here - in the first case of a medico getting afflicted with the dreaded Covid-19 in West Bengal, where the disease count has now gone up to 20.
- Two Indian Army men test corona positive(22:16)
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) After the first case of a soldier testing positive from Ladakh Scouts in Leh, the Indian Army recorded two more COVID-19 positive cases on Sunday.
- NITI Aayog chief lauds Indian firm's COVID-19 test kit(22:04)
Pune, March 29 (IANS) The CEO of National Institute for Transforming India (NITI Aayog) Amitabh Kant has lauded the efforts of a molecular diagnostics company, Mylab Discovery Solutions Pvt. Ltd for developing the country's first indigenous COVID-19 test kits within six weeks.
- Telangana's 11 corona patients to be discharged(21:24)
Hyderabad, March 29 (IANS) Telangana on Sunday reported three new Covid-19 positive cases, taking the total to 70 while 11 of them will be discharged from hospitals after treatment on Monday.
- Global pandemic warning was given last year: WHO ex-Chief(21:11)
London, March 29 (IANS) World Health Organisation's (WHO) former Director General Gro Harlem Brundtland has expressed concern over the global lack of "preparedness" for a worldwide pandemic despite a warning being made in September last year, reports said on Sunday.
- Iran's Covid-19 death toll rises to 2,640(20:45)
Tehran, March 29 (IANS) Iran reported 123 additional fatalities due to the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) on Sunday, taking the death toll in the country to 2,640, the country's Health Ministry said on Sunday.
- Covid-19: Two cured and discharged, 8 new cases in TN (Lead)(20:35)
Chennai, March 29 (IANS) Two Covid-19 patients were discharged from a Tamil Nadu hospital while eight persons were found to be coronavirus positive on Sunday as the fifth day of the nationwide lockdown passed off peacefully in the state.
- Maha's Covid-19 death toll 8, positive cases cross 200 (Roundup)(20:28)
Mumbai, March 29 (IANS) A 45-year old man with no known history of foreign travel has died in Maharashtra's Buldhana due to Covid's-19, raising the state fatality numbers to eight, while the number of infected breached the 200 mark to touch 203 on Sunday, officials said.