- MNM lodges complaint against Tamil Nadu Minister(14 minutes ago)
Chennai, May 20 (IANS) The Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) on Monday lodged a police complaint against Tamil Nadu Minister for Milk and Rural Development Rajenthra Bhalaji for criminal intimidation and defamation of its founder actor-politician Kamal Haasan.
- Congress, JD-S call for end to verbal sparring in Karnataka(18 minutes ago)
Bengaluru, May 20 (IANS) Ahead of the results for Karnataka's 28 Lok Sabha seats on Thursday, the warring Congress and Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S) ruling allies in the state on Monday called for a 'ceasefire' amid acrimonious remarks against each other by leaders of both parties.
- Naidu 'cent per cent' sure of TDP retaining power in Andhra (Lead)(18:00)
Amaravati, May 20 (IANS) Unfazed by the exit polls which predicted that the YSR Congress Party will storm to power in Andhra Pradesh, Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Monday said he was "cent per cent" sure of his Telugu Desam Party (TDP) retaining power.
- Akbar denies meeting Ramani at Oberoi hotel (Lead)(17:42)
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) Former Union Minister M.J. Akbar on Monday denied meeting journalist Priya Ramani for a job interview at The Oberoi hotel in Mumbai in December 1993 and asking her personal, rather than professional questions.
- Sexual harassment charge filed against Tripura MLA(17:24)
Agartala, May 20 (IANS) Tripura Police have launched a probe after a tribal girl filed a complaint of sexual harassment against a legislator belonging to the ruling alliance partner IPFT, an official said on Monday.
- Economist Piketty to study Kerala model of growth(17:16)
Thiruvananthapuram, May 20 (IANS) Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Monday said a nodal officer would be appointed to help eminent economist Thomas Piketty to study the state's model of growth.
- BJP delegation meets EC top brass, demands re-poll in Bengal (Lead)(17:10)
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) A BJP delegation on Monday met top Election Commission officials and demanded re-polling where violence had taken place during all phases of the Lok Sabha polls in West Bengal and requested deployment of central forces till the model code of conduct is in force.
- Beyond the Cannes red carpet: Where are Indian films?(16:50)
By Radhika Bhirani
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) As many as 1,854 feature films were submitted to be part of the 2019 Official Selection at the Cannes Film Festival from across the world this year. As many as 39 nations are represented as production or co-production countries. India is missing.
- Air Asia India eyes corporate clients, foreign flights(16:46)
By Nirbhay Kumar
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) Seeking long-term travel commitment, Tata Group joint venture Air Asia India plans to tie up with about 200 companies in the next few months, offering them a slew of benefits, including flexibility in last-minute flight change and onboard meals.
- Art of commuting: Delhi metro stations double up as art galleries (Art Feature)(16:40)
By Siddhi Jain
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) Most Indians may still need a push to visit art galleries and museums, but when the national capital's favourite commuting mode Metro Rail doubles up as a contemporary art gallery itself, it is not uncommon to see Delhiwallahs stop, look and even click an occasional selfie.
- Blackbuck case: Fresh notices to Tabu, Sonali, Saif, Neelam(16:16)
Jaipur, May 20 (IANS) The Rajasthan High Court on Monday served fresh notices to Bollywood stars Tabu, Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Bendre, Neelam Kothari and Dushyant Kumar, a local resident, in the 1998 blackbuck poaching case following the state government's appeal against their acquittal.
- NDA will win all 14 seats in Jharkhand: CM(15:52)
Ranchi, May 20 (IANS) Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Monday asserted that the NDA would win all the 14 seats in the state even though the exit polls predicted six to eight seats for the alliance.
- Exit polls indicate Congress issues of corruption, welfare may not have clicked(15:42)
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) The prediction by the exit polls about dismal performance by the Congress suggests that the party got it all wrong and the issues like the Rafale deal, NYAY, unemployment and alleged "arrogance" of Prime Minister Narendra Modi raised by it during the election campaign failed the impress the voters.
- 'Game of Thrones' comes full circle for final goodbye(15:24)
By Sugandha Rawal
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) The final chapter of "Game of Thrones" came with a tragic end to a love story, betrayal, twists, death and a lot of characters' lives coming full circle. Was it a happy ending? Well, as Ramsay Bolton once said: "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention".
- PDP worker attacked in Kulgam dies(15:22)
Srinagar, May 20 (IANS) A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) worker attacked by militants in Kulgam district, succumbed to injuries early on Monday in a Srinagar hospital, police said.
- Ashok Leyland ready to ride on Elon Musk's India dream(15:08)
By Nishant Arora
Mumbai, May 20 (IANS) Tesla CEO Elon Musk who has been moving back and forth on his India dream for couple of years and unable to take the next big step now has an invitation from commercial vehicles major Ashok Leyland.