- Covid-19: Rs 2.5-cr grant challenge for medtech entrepreneurs(18:43)
Chennai, March 29 (IANS) In order to speedily augment the supply of ventilators and personal protection equipment (PPE) to combat the spread of coronavirus, the Marico Innovation Foundation (MIF) on Sunday threw a challenge #Innovate2BeatCOVID for medtech entrepreneurs.
- Google starts rolling out new account switcher on Play Store(18:11)
San Francisco, March 29 (IANS) Google last year announced that it will roll out a new account switcher to its apps, which lets users easily manage all their Google settings, and now the company has begun rolling the feature on its Play Store.
- Cybersecurity firm K7 Computing gives products at no cost(16:44)
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) Domestic cybersecurity firm K7 Computing on Sunday said that it is providing cybersecurity products for use at no cost for laptops, desktops, Android smartphones and endpoint protection in the organisations.
- Oppo donates Rs 1 crore to PM relief fund(15:44)
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) Chinese manufacturer Oppo on Sunday said that it has donated Rs 1 crore to Prime Minister's National Relief Fund and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister's Distress Fund to fight the novel coronavirus pandemic.
- Weak demand to hit India smartphone market the most in 2020(11:55)
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) More than the supply concerns, weakening demand due the uncertainties brought about by the novel coronavirus is set to impact the India smartphone market the most, according to a projection by market research firm techARC.
- Paytm to contribute Rs 500 crore for PM CARES Fund(11:09)
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) To support the fight against COVID-19 pandemic, India's leading digital payments and financial services platform Paytm on Sunday said it is aiming to contribute Rs 500 crore to the PM CARES Fund.
- Google commits $800 million to support SMBs, health workers(20:38)
San Francisco, March 28 (IANS) In biggest donation yet from any global tech giant, Alphabet and Google CEO Sundar Pichai has announced the company will provide over $800 million to support small and medium businesses (SMBs), health organisations, governments and health workers on the frontline of global COVID-19 pandemic.
- Nasscom seeks government support for startups amid lockdown(18:51)
New Delhi, March 28 (IANS) Amid uncertainties in business environment due to COVID-19 lockdown, Indian IT industry's apex body Nasscom on Saturday sought government support for startups so that they can continue doing their business.
- Lyft refers its drivers to jobs at Amazon as ridership falls(16:27)
San Francisco, March 28 (IANS) As the world reels under the new coronavirus pandemic, ride hailing company Lyft is now referring drivers to jobs at Amazon in a partnership between the two companies designed to alleviate financial hardships from a massive drop in ride-hailing services.
- Tencent working on cloud gaming platform with Huawei(16:08)
Beijing, March 28 (IANS) Tencent Games, the world's largest gaming company with hits like PUBG: Mobile and Arena of Valor, is creating a cloud gaming platform with Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei.
- Jeff Bezos pulls out of $90 million LA property deal(11:57)
San Francisco, March 28 (IANS) Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has pulled out of a deal to purchase the "Enchanted Hill," a prized Beverly Crest development site from late Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, the media reported.
- Now go live on Facebook without phone or an account(11:09)
San Francisco, March 28 (IANS) As demand for live video increases during COVID-19 lockdown, Facebook is allowing non-users watch live streams from mobile devices too which was until now only available on desktop.
- Microsoft sells stake in Israeli face recognition firm(09:45)
San Francisco, March 28 (IANS) Microsoft has announced to divest its stake in third-party Israeli facial recognition company AnyVision despite an investigation that cleared the firm of any unethical practices.