- Modi-Xi summit will take bilateral ties to new heights: Chinese envoy (Lead)(19 minutes ago)
By Gaurav Sharma
Beijing, July 20 (IANS) The informal summit between Chinese President Xi Jinping and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi later this year will take the bilateral relations to new heights but at the same time the two countries cannot let "individual" issues hurt their ties, Beijing's newly-appointed envoy to Delhi Sun Weidong has said.
- One-hour exercise with proper hydration may tackle low BP(29 minutes ago)
New York, July 20 (IANS) Suffering from low blood pressure? Do an hour or more of daily exercise and stay hydrated to improve the condition and control fainting or dizziness episodes, finds a NASA-funded study on astronauts.
- India-built cryostat base ready for installation in France(14:04)
By Vishal Gulati
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) An India-built cryostat base and lower cylinder are ready for installation in the $25 billion International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) that is under construction in France, it was announced on Saturday.
- Take hot bath 90 minutes before bedtime for super sleep(14:04)
New Delhi, July 20 (IANS) Taking hot bath at least 90 minutes before bedtime is your ticket to sound sleep. Just remember that the water temperature should be around 40-42 degrees Celsius, else you may not get better shuteye.
- YouTube fined in millions over kids' data privacy breach(13:46)
San Francisco, July 20 (IANS) Google has reportedly reached a multimillion-dollar settlement with the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) over alleged violations of children's data privacy laws on its content sharing app YouTube.
- Iran seizes British oil tanker, UK vows 'serious' consequences (Lead)(13:16)
Tehran/London, July 20 (IANS) Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has seized a British-flagged oil tanker in the Strait of Hormuz, prompting the UK to warn Tehran of "serious consequences" if it did not release the ship, making it the latest confrontation in the increasingly tense standoff in the important shipping route.
- Hongmeng OS not for smartphones: Huawei(13:14)
Beijing, July 20 (IANS) Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei said that the in-house platform - Hongmeng operating system (OS) - is not designed for smartphones and the company plans to continue using Android.
- TikTok testing Instagram-inspired features: Report(12:58)
San Francisco, July 20 (IANS) The wildly popular short video-sharing app TikTok is reportedly mulling to launch a host of new features that seem to have been inspired by Facebook-owned Instagram.
- Indians aboard British oil tanker seized by Iran(12:12)
New Delhi/London, July 20 (IANS) Indians are among the 23 crew members of a British-flagged oil tanker that Iran has seized in the Strait of Hormuz, amid fresh escalation of tensions in the Gulf.
- Netanyahu becomes Israel's longest-serving PM(12:12)
Jerusalem, July 20 (IANS) Benjamin Netanyahu on Saturday became Israel's longest-serving Prime Minister, surpassing the record set by the country's founding father, David Ben Gurion.
- China wants joint front with India against US' 'ugly' trade war(11:50)
By Gaurav Sharma
Beijing, July 20 (IANS) China and India will have to jointly stand up to counter US "ugly" unilateralist and protectionist trade policies to promote a fair and just economic order, Beijings newly-appointed envoy Sun Weidong to New Delhi has said.
- US to send troops to Saudi as tensions with Iran grow(11:30)
Washington, July 20 (IANS) The US will send additional troops and resources to Saudi Arabia to strengthen defence and deterrence in the Persian Gulf region in the face of "emergent, credible threats", the Pentagon has said.
- Chrome, Firefox browser extensions leaked millions of users' data(10:36)
Washington, July 20 (IANS) Popular browser extensions like ad blockers have been caught harvesting personal data of millions of consumers who use Chrome and Firefox -- not only their browsing histories but also exposing tax returns, medical records, credit card information and other sensitive data in the public domain.
- Twitter to soon explain why certain tweets are unavailable(10:14)
San Francisco, July 20 (IANS) You will soon be able to know why certain tweets go unavailable in your conversation thread on Twitter. The micro-blogging platform is working on to "add context" to "this tweet is unavailable" notices.
- Google to fix loophole that let firms track porn-viewing habits(10:00)
San Francisco, July 20 (IANS) After facing criticism over letting third-party organization get access to users' viewing habits even while browsing in 'Incognito' mode, Google has said Chrome will fix a loophole that has allowed sites to detect people who are browsing the web privately.
- Death toll rises to 10 in China gas factory blast(08:48)
Beijing, July 20 (IANS) At least 10 people have been killed, 19 severely injured and five others are missing after an explosion ripped through a gas plant in China's Henan Province, authorities confirmed on Saturday.
- Britain reacts to seizure of tankers by Iran(07:42)
London, July 20 (IANS) Britain's ambassador in Iran is in contact with government authorities in Tehran following the seizure in the Gulf of two vessels, one of them British, Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt has said.
- 10 Islamic State militants killed in Iraq(05:30)
Baghdad, July 20 (IANS) A total of 10 Islamic State (IS) militants have been killed in an airstrike by the US-led coalition aircraft in Iraq's northern province of Nineveh, the Iraqi military said.