- Data breach: Check if you are fearful or angry(18:14)
New York, May 17 (IANS) Once a data breach is reported, people who are fearful quickly become sensitive towards the size and scope of the breach than those who get angry, finds a study led by Indian-origin researchers.
- Harris invokes Indian heritage to Trump's immigration plan(09:48)
Washington, May 17 (IANS) In response to US President Donald Trump announced his "merit based" immigration proposal, Democrat Senator Kamala Harris invoked her unique background as a presidential candidate -- being the daughter of an Indian immigrant.
- Indian expat charged with assaulting woman in Dubai(14:46)
Dubai, May 16 (IANS) A 22-year-old Indian expatriate in Dubai has been charged with causing permanent injury after stomping on the face of an Indian woman, leaving her disfigured because of fracture and in constant pain, the media reported.
- Indian-origin woman convicted of killing stepdaughter(18:52)
New York, May 14 (IANS) A 55-year-old Indian-origin woman has been convicted by a jury in the US of strangling her 9-year-old stepdaughter to death in 2016 and faces life in prison at her sentencing next month.
- Indian-American student wins ESPN Esports championship(11:22)
Houston, May 12 (IANS) A team from Georgia Institute of Technology, including an Indian-American student, has won "Hearthstone Collegiate Championship", part of the first-ever ESPN Collegiate Esports Championship.
- Indian-American doctor gets 9 years for fraud(13:52)
Washington, May 11 (IANS) A US court has sentenced an Indian-American doctor to nine years in prison after he pleaded guilty in 2016 to illegally dispensing prescription painkillers and defrauding Medicare, the national healthcare programme, the media reported.
- Hyderabad man stabbed to death in London(16:32)
Hyderabad, May 10 (IANS) A 29-year-old man from Hyderabad was stabbed to death in London by an unidentified man, according to information reaching his family here on Friday.
- Indian technician crushed to death at Kuwait airport(19:26)
Kuwait City, May 8 (IANS) An Indian aviation technician working with Kuwait Airways died after he was run over by an empty Boeing 777 aircraft while it was being towed away at the company's base airport.
- Malayalam TV station owner flees UAE amid huge losses(13:58)
Dubai, May 7 (IANS) The Indian owner of a Dubai-based Malayalam TV station has fled the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as he struggled to keep it afloat amid mounting losses, leaving unpaid employees in limbo, the media reported.
- Indian autistic teen among CBSE toppers in UAE(13:46)
Abu Dhabi, May 7 (IANS) A 17-year-old autistic teenager was among the Indian school students in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) who topped the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 10 examinations, the media reported on Tuesday.
- $600,000 raised for Indian-American hate crime victim(13:30)
Washington, May 7 (IANS) More than $600,000 has been raised for the treatment of a 13-year-old Indian-American hate crime victim who remains in coma after being struck down intentionally in April by a motorist who thought she was a Muslim.