- Facebook releases maps to help fight disease outbreak(17:20)
San Francisco, May 20 (IANS) In a bid to fight disease outbreaks, Facebook has built new maps that can help its health partners better understand where people live, how they are moving and whether they have connectivity.
- Economist Piketty to study Kerala model of growth(17:16)
Thiruvananthapuram, May 20 (IANS) Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Monday said a nodal officer would be appointed to help eminent economist Thomas Piketty to study the state's model of growth.
- Air Asia India eyes corporate clients, foreign flights(16:46)
By Nirbhay Kumar
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) Seeking long-term travel commitment, Tata Group joint venture Air Asia India plans to tie up with about 200 companies in the next few months, offering them a slew of benefits, including flexibility in last-minute flight change and onboard meals.
- Art of commuting: Delhi metro stations double up as art galleries (Art Feature)(16:40)
By Siddhi Jain
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) Most Indians may still need a push to visit art galleries and museums, but when the national capital's favourite commuting mode Metro Rail doubles up as a contemporary art gallery itself, it is not uncommon to see Delhiwallahs stop, look and even click an occasional selfie.
- Google limits Huawei's use of Android (Lead)(16:38)
Washington, May 20 (IANS) Google has barred Huawei from some updates to the Android operating system, dealing a major blow to the world's second-largest smartphone seller. It also means loss of Android licence for Huawei, forcing it to use the open source version of the operating system.
- Zomato offers discounts if you predict next PM(16:30)
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) Online food delivering platform Zomato has rolled out a new offer wherein customers need to predict the country's next prime minister ahead of the final counting on May 23 and win cashbacks on food orders.
- Tripura Gramin Bank posts profit for 7 successive years(16:02)
By Sujit Chakraborty
Agartala, May 20 (IANS) Posting net profit for seven consecutive years, the Tripura Gramin Bank (TGB) is among India's top three out of 46 regional rural banks (RRBs) in terms of profit, business and growth, TGB Chairman Mahendra Mohan Goswami said on Monday.
- Ashok Leyland ready to ride on Elon Musk's India dream(15:08)
By Nishant Arora
Mumbai, May 20 (IANS) Tesla CEO Elon Musk who has been moving back and forth on his India dream for couple of years and unable to take the next big step now has an invitation from commercial vehicles major Ashok Leyland.
- Australian strikes gold worth $69K in wilderness(14:58)
Canberra, May 20 (IANS) An Australian man has unearthed a 1.4 kilo gold nugget with the help of a metal detector while wandering Western Australia's gold fields, media reports said on Monday.
- Women entrepreneurs in India making a mark(14:52)
Mathura May 20 (IANS) Women entrepreneurs in India are definitely forging ahead, marking their space and being counted in society, according to the consensus among experts at an interactive session here organized by the virtual incubator Womennovator.
- Remaining silent in court my biggest mistake: Rajat Gupta(10:02)
By Vishnu Makhijani
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) Rajat Gupta, the first foreign-born head of influential management consultancy McKinsey and Co who was jailed for two years for insider trading, says his biggest regret is remaining silent in court even as his legal team mounted a vigorous defence and insists that he did no wrong but "would anyone in the courtroom realise this?"
- Deutsche Bank staff saw suspicious activity by Trump, Kushner(09:18)
New York, May 20 (IANS) Anti-money laundering specialists at Deutsche Bank recommended in 2016 and 2017 that multiple transactions involving legal entities controlled by Donald Trump and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, be reported to a federal financial-crimes watchdog.
- Google restricts Huawei's use of Android(08:36)
Washington, May 20 (IANS) Google has cut phone maker Huawei off from some updates to the Android operating system, dealing a blow to the Chinese firm. New Huawei smartphones will also lose access to popular Google apps.
- Orix Corp intends to buy out IL&FS Wind Energy's assets(22:22)
New Delhi, May 19 (IANS) Orix Corporation of Japan, owner of 49 per cent stake in the seven operating wind power plants (SPVs) of the IL&FS Group, has expressed its intent to buy out the remaining 51 per cent stake held by IL&FS Wind Energy Ltd.
- Let court decide on conspiracy against me: Alencherry(18:10)
Kochi, May 19 (IANS) Cardinal of the Syro-Malabar Catholic Church Archbishop George Alencherry on Sunday refused to comment on the alleged conspiracy to defame him, after a person was arrested and remanded to judicial custody for forging bank documents in his name.