- UN official warns of COVID-19 spread in Gaza Strip(24 minutes ago)
Gaza, March 30 (IANS) A senior official of UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) on Sunday warned of the consequences of the spread of the novel coronavirus in the Gaza Strip.
- Moscow to restrict movements of citizens from Monday(00:49)
Moscow, March 30 (IAN) Authorities in the Russian capital have increased restrictions on movement in a bid to contain the coronavirus spread, allowing people to only leave their homes for urgent and limited purposes.
- Covid-19 cases cross 700,000 mark; toll over 33,500(00:42)
New Delhi, March 30 (IANS) The number of coronavirus cases around the world crossed the 700,000 mark near midnight on Monday, with the US comprising over a seventh of them, while the death toll crossed the 33,500 mark, with Italy (10,779) and Spain (6,606) accounting for over half of them, as the Johns Hopkins University's Coronavirus Resource Centre.
- British doctor dies of coronavirus(00:26)
London, March 30 (IANS) Amged El-Hawrani, an ear, nose and throat trainer at Queen's Hospital Burton in Staffordshire, died with coronavirus in the UK on Sunday.
- Send workers, Telangana's unusual request to Bihar(23:56)
Hyderabad, March 29 (IANS) At a time when migrant workers from several states were returning home due to nation-wide Coronavirus lockdown, Telangana has urged Bihar to send back the latter's workers employed in rice mills in Telangana.
- Senior Delhi officials face action for messing up Covid-19 situation(23:25)
New Delhi, March 29 (IANS) Two senior Delhi government officials were suspended from duty for failing to control the mass exodus of migrant population from the city and inept handling of the crowd, and an explanation sought from two others, an official statement said on Sunday.
- DRDO body suit to protect doctors from Covid-19(23:09)
Hyderabad, March 29 (IANS) A body suit developed by India's premier research and development organisation DRDO can protect doctors and other health workers attending on Covid-19 patients.
- Three more Covid-19 cases in Bengal, count now 21 (Lead)(23:02)
Kolkata, March 29 (IANS) Three persons, including an Army doctor, were on Sunday detected with the coronavirus infection here - in the first case of a medico getting afflicted with the dreaded Covid-19 in West Bengal, where the disease count has now gone up to 21.
- Odisha seeks PM's nod for unemployment dole to MGNREGS workers(22:58)
Bhubaneswar, March 29 (IANS) Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Sunday requested Prime Minister Narendra Modi to allow the state to grant unemployment allowance to over 36.10 lakh workers of the rural job guarantee scheme in the 21-day lockdown period, which has been enforced for Covid-19.