- Two killed as train derails in Australia(17:28)
Canberra, Feb 20 (IANS) Two passengers were killed and several others injured when an express train derailed near the Victorian town of Wallan in Australia on Thursday, officials said.
- Rajasthan HC defers IPL hearing to March 17(17:27)
Jaipur, Feb 20 (IANS) In what could be a blow to Rajasthan Royals' plans of hosting a couple of their home games in Guwahati for the 2020 edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), the Rajasthan High Court has deferred their hearing to March 17.
- Drink tart cherry juice to improve exercise performance(17:27)
Toronto, Feb 20 (IANS) Tart cherry juice is known for reducing strength loss and improving muscle recovery after intensive exercise, and now researchers have found that it also helps in improving exercise performance.
- Better monitoring may help save lions in India(17:20)
Dehradun, Feb 20 (IANS) An alternative method of monitoring endangered lions in India can help improve estimates of their numbers and also in making informed conservation policy and management decisions.
- Punjab may compensate farmers for setting up power towers(17:20)
Chandigarh, Feb 20 (IANS) Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh said in the Assembly, here on Thursday, his government would soon come out with a policy on compensating farmers for the land used for setting up towers by the Punjab State Transmission Corporation (PSTCL).
- Federer withdraws from French Open after knee surgery(17:14)
Zurich, Feb 20 (IANS) Swiss tennis great Roger Federer on Thursday announced that he will be giving the French Open a miss this year after undergoing a knee surgery. The 38-year-old said in a social media post that he had an arthroscopic surgery on Wednesday in Switzerland.
- Unable to hail a cab, Kirti Kulhari opts for rickshaw ride(17:11)
Mumbai, Feb 20 (IANS) Unable to hail a cab on time, actress Kirti Kulhari was spotted taking a rickshaw ride in the city. The actress seemed quite happy with the experience as she posted a selfie on Instagram while enjoying the ride in Mumbai's Kharghar area.
- JSW Steel to pay Rs 19,700 cr by Mar 15 to acquire BPSL (Lead)(17:11)
New Delhi, Feb 20 (IANS) JSW Steel is all set to wrap up one of the long-drawn and high-profile insolvency resolution cases, as it is likely to pay Rs 19,700 crore for acquiring the bankrupt Bhushan Power and Steel Ltd by March 15, sources said.
- 12 trucks carrying illegal 'Burmese supari' seized in Assam(17:06)
Silchar, Feb 20 (IANS) Assam forest officials have seized 12 trucks carrying around 120 tons of illegal 'Burmese supari' (betel nuts from Myanmar) from Dima Hasao district in the state's southern part, officials said on Thursday.
- K-pop band BTS debut a new track on TikTok(17:03)
New Delhi, Feb 20 (IANS) Korean boy band BTS are set to debut a new track called "ON", from their latest album "Map Of The Soul: 7", on the short video-making platform TikTok.
- Red Bull Neymar jr's five-a-side qualifiers kicks off(17:01)
New Delhi, Feb 20 (IANS) Following the success of the 2019 edition, Red Bull Neymar Jr.s Five, a globally established five-on-five football tournament kicked-off its fifth edition with the city qualifiers from February 15 to March 8 across 18 cities in the country.