Datamatics Global Services Announces Q1 FY18 Financial Results(11:09 Hrs. IST)
MUMBAI, September 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- Consolidated Revenues up by 1% (YoY) at Rs. 208.57 crore
- Standalone Revenues up by 8% (YoY) at Rs. 75.96 crore
Datamatics Global Services Ltd. (DGSL), a global provider of Information Technology, Data Management, Business Process Management and Consulting services today announced the financial results for its first quarter ended June 30, 2017 as approved by its Board of Directors at the board meeting held in Mumbai.
Q1FY18 Performance - Consolidated (YoY)
- The Company's revenues increased by 1% to Rs. 208.57 crore as compared to Rs. 207.30 crore in Q1 FY17. On a constant currency basis, the consolidated revenue grew by 4%.
- EBIDTA stood at Rs. 19.07 crore as compared to Rs. 24.92 crore in Q1 FY17.
- Net profit after minority interest stood at Rs. 16.07 crore as compared to Rs. 19.10 crore in Q1 FY17.
- Earnings per share (diluted) for the quarter stood at Rs. 2.70 as compared to EPS of Rs. 3.24 reported for Q1 FY17.
Q1FY18 Performance - Standalone basis (YoY)
- The Company's revenues increased by 8% to Rs. 75.96 crore as compared to Rs. 70.61 crore in Q1 FY17.
- EBIDTA stood at Rs. 6.81 crore as compared to Rs. 8.67 crore in Q1 FY17.
- Net profit stood at Rs. 6.47 crore as compared to Rs. 7.18 crore during Q1 FY17.
- Earnings per share (diluted) stood at Rs. 1.08 during Q1 FY18 as compared to Rs. 1.21 during Q1 FY17.
Commenting on the results and financial performance, Rahul Kanodia, Vice Chairman and CEO said, "Currency headwinds impacted our revenue growth during Q1; however, on a constant currency basis, we grew by almost 4% y-o-y. We are excited to build on the momentum we have generated over the past fiscal and for the opportunities that lie ahead. The company has been taking significant steps towards accelerating digital adoption among customers through its innovative solutions, and will continue to focus on harnessing emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Analytics, Cloud and Mobility to further enhance user experience and generate greater value for all our stakeholders. Our acquisition of TechJini during the quarter reflects our commitment towards making strategic investments and strengthening our customer offerings. We have a healthy pipeline across industries and some exciting projects that will help us drive growth going forward."
Other Highlights for Q1 FY2018
- Datamatics acquired a controlling stake in TechJini, a domestic software services company with a specialized focus on enterprise mobile application development, to further enhance the company's enterprise mobility offerings.
- Datamatics, being a pioneer in Robotic Process Automation in India recently partnered key events in India and the US to provide an overview on how RPA can use intelligent robots to transform business processes and drive more RoI for the organization.
Key Awards & Recognitions
- Datamatics was ranked 12th in the Fortune India Next 500 List of 2017 in the Infotech Sector. The companies listed across sectors are termed as 'small wonders' by the magazine.
- Datamatics was conferred The Asian Banker Technology Innovation award for the Most Innovative Application for Robotics in Singapore. The company received this honour for successfully automating over 200 processes for one of the leading Indian private sector banks, which helped them improve productivity and efficiency.
- Datamatics received two awards at the Big Data, Analytics and Insights Summit & Awards 2017 - 'Best Analytics Service in Business Intelligence' for its proprietary product nSights and 'Innovative Technology of the Year' for Robotic Process Automation.
- Datamatics' Learning and Development team received the prestigious Tata Institute of Social Sciences - Leap Vault CLO award in the Game based Learning category for Synergy.
About Datamatics Global Services
Datamatics is a global provider of Information Technology, Data Management and Business Process Management and Consulting services to several Fortune 500 companies. Datamatics has a fully integrated offering to support the digital transformation of organizations through Smart Processes, Smart Systems, Smart Devices and Smart Data. These solutions are powered by Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning algorithms which offer improved business efficiency in the interconnected world. The core operation of Datamatics is built around 'Data to Intelligence', wherein Datamatics leverages data to extract intelligence and patterns thereby facilitating smarter and quicker decision making.
Datamatics has adopted the highest standards of service quality and operational excellence, enabling its clients across a wide range of industries to transform into a truly digital, data driven enterprise. Its customised solutions help enterprises maximize productivity, improve speed and accuracy. Headquartered in Mumbai, the company has a presence across America, Australia, Asia and Europe.
Some of the statements in this update that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include our financial and growth projections as well as statements concerning our plans, strategies, intentions and beliefs concerning our business and the markets in which we operate. These statements are based on information currently available to us, and we assume no obligation to update these statements as circumstances change. There are risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events to differ materially from these forward-looking statements. These risks include, but are not limited to, the level of market demand for our services, the highly-competitive market for the types of services that we offer, market conditions that could cause our customers to reduce their spending for our services, our ability to create, acquire and build new businesses and to grow our existing businesses, our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, currency fluctuations and market conditions in India and elsewhere around the world, and other risks not specifically mentioned herein but those that are common to industry.
For media queries, please contact:
AGM - Marketing & Corporate Communications
President - Dickenson Financial PR