- Deepti Naval undergoes angioplasty at Mohali hospital(13:48)
Chandigarh, Oct 20 (IANS) Actor Deepti Naval, who suffered a heart attack in Manali, Himachal Pradesh, underwent angioplasty at the Fortis hospital in Mohali early Tuesday and her condition was stable, doctors said.
- No respite from rain in Andhra, heavy forecast for 3 days(13:08)
Amaravati, Oct 20 (IANS) There seems to be no respite from rain as deep depression over Andhra Pradesh has already caused flooding in several places in the state, with the Met department predicting heavy to very heavy rainfall at isolated places in coastal Andhra and Yanam.
- US reports over 58,000 new Covid-19 cases (Ld)(13:06)
Washington, Oct 20 (IANS) Amid an ongoing resurgence, the US, currently the worst-hit country by the Covid-19 pandemic, has reported a total of 58,387 new cases, taking the overall infection tally to 8,210,849, according to Johns Hopkins University.
- ECG feature on Apple Watch saves man's life in India (Lead)(12:40)
New Delhi, Oct 20 (IANS) In the first such reported case in India to date, the electrocardiogram (ECG) feature on Apple Watch has saved the life of a 61-year-old Indore resident and Apple CEO Tim Cook wished him fast recovery post-surgery.
- India's daily spike dips under 50K, 1st time since July (Ld)(12:12)
New Delhi, Oct 20 (IANS) India on Tuesday recorded 46,790 new coronavirus cases, which was less than what it registered on July 28 when for two consecutive days the fresh cases were 47,703 and 48,513, before going all the way up steadily to 97,894 on September 17.
- Odisha witnesses declining trend in Covid cases(12:06)
Bhubaneswar, Oct 20 (IANS) The Covid-19 positive cases continue to show a declining trend in Odisha as the state recorded 1,904 fresh cases in the last 24 hours, informed the health department on Tuesday.
- Canada Covid-19 cases surpass 200k(12:04)
Ottawa, Oct 20 (IANS) Amid an ongoing second Covid-19 wave in Canada, the country's overall caseload has surpassed the 200,000 mark due to an unabated increase in the number of new cases.
- Why residents of this Hyderabad colony are procuring boats(12:00)
By Mohammed Shafeeq
Hyderabad, Oct 20 (IANS) With heavy rains and flash floods inundating Hyderabad's Nadeem Colony, authorities pressed into service a few boats for rescue and relief operations, but a week later a couple of boats are still seen floating in the flooded waters in the area.
- More Hispanic workers impacted by Covid-19 in food processing units(10:48)
Washington, Oct 20 (IANS) A new study by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has revealed that more Hispanic workers at food processing and manufacturing plants were being affected by Covid-19 compared to workers of other races or ethnicities.
- Amid drop in daily Covid tally, Goa CM advocates caution(10:02)
Panaji, Oct 20 (IANS) Amid a second consecutive drop in the daily tally of new Covid-19 infections, Chief Minister Pramod Sawant has urged people to not self-medicate in case of a fever and opt for testing themselves for the coronavirus infection.
- Global Covid-19 cases top 40.3mn: Johns Hopkins(08:24)
Washington, Oct 20 (IANS) The overall number of global coronavirus cases has increased to 40.3 million, while the deaths have soared to 1,117,430, according to the Johns Hopkins University.
- Gujarat's daily Covid tally comes down to three digits(00:12)
Gandhinagar, Oct 20 (IANS) For the first time in three months, Gujarat's daily coronavirus case tally fell below a thousand, with 996 cases detected on Monday, taking the total number to 1,60,722. The death toll rose to 3,646 with eight more deaths.
- Andhra registers 2,918 new Covid cases, tally 7.8 lakh(23:50)
Amaravati, Oct 19 (IANS) Andhra Pradesh on Monday registered 2,918 new Covid positive cases, increasing the state's tally to 7.8 lakh, even as 4,303 more patients recovered from the virus to outnumber infections.
- India at forefront of vaccine development: Modi(21:34)
New Delhi, Oct 19 (IANS) India is now at the forefront of vaccine development for Covid-19, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Monday while virtually addressing the 'Grand Challenges' annual meeting.