- K'taka sees slight drop in daily Covid cases at 4,752(20:24)
Bengaluru, Aug 3 (IANS) After logging more than 5,000 COVID-19 cases a day for the past several days, Karnataka saw a drop in infections with 4,752 new cases in the last 24 hours, raising the state's tally to 1.39 lakh, said a health official on Monday.
- Bengal govt revises lockdown schedule for August(20:23)
Kolkata, Aug 3 (IANS) The Mamata Banerjee-led West Bengal government on Monday once again revised the partial lockdown schedule for August. The state administration had earlier declared that there would be a complete lockdown in the state for two days every week.
- Banks to function with 50% staff in Odisha(20:18)
Bhubaneswar, Aug 3 (IANS) The Odisha government on Monday allowed normal functioning of public and private sector banks with 50 per cent staff till August 31 by following the COVID-19 guidelines.
- 19 people in Bengaluru IISc test Covid positive(20:18)
Bengaluru, Aug 3 (IANS) The premier Indian Institute of Science (IISc) in this tech hub belatedly admitted on Monday that 19 people, including students, faculty, staff and their family members had tested Covid-19 positive till July 31.
- Haryana okays crop residue plan of Rs 1,304 crore(19:49)
Chandigarh, Aug 3 (IANS) Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has approved a comprehensive plan for crop residue management to the tune of Rs 1,304.95 crore, an official said on Monday.
- Outsourced worker tests Covid positive in IIM-Bangalore(19:28)
Bengaluru, Aug 3 (IANS) An outsourced horticulture worker has tested Covid positive in premier business school Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore (IIM-B), leading to 50 people being home quarantined, an official said on Monday.
- 'Vriksha-bandhan' marks Rakhi at Aarey, Yeoor(18:42)
Mumbai, Aug 3 (IANS) The Green warriors of the city and tribals celebrated 'Vriksha-bandhan' on Monday by tying 'rakhis' to trees in Mumbai's Aarey Colony, considered the city's lungs, and Thane's Yeoor Hills forests.
- Nothing to worry, will be discharged soon: Yediyurappa(16:40)
Bengaluru, Aug 3 (IANS) Allaying fears about his health after testing Covid positive, an upbeat Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa on Monday assured people that there was "nothing to worry about" and he would be discharged from the hospital soon.
- IIT-M, Helyxon deploy remote monitoring device for Covid-19 patients(16:24)
Chennai, Aug 3 (IANS) A jointly developed device by the Healthcare Technology Innovation Centre (HTIC) of Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) and healthcare startup Helyxon is now helping doctors in several hospitals to monitor Covid-19 patients remotely.
- Centre issues guidelines for reopening of gyms from Aug 5(16:16)
New Delhi, Aug 3 (IANS) From maintaining a distance of six feet, using visor rather than mask, following respiratory etiquette, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Monday issued guidelines for re-opening of gyms and yoga centres as a part of the third phase of easing of lockdown.
- Yediyurappa's primary contacts to be tested, quarantined(15:57)
Bengaluru, Aug 3 (IANS) People who recently came in contact with Covid-afflicted Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa have been advised to take the coronavirus test and quarantine themselves as a precaution, according to Medical Education Minister K. Sudhakar, here on Monday.
- Woman injured by whale at Australian tourist spot(15:35)
Canberra, Aug 3 (IANS) A woman has suffered serious injuries after being struck and injured while swimming with humpback whales off the coast of Western Australia, it was reported on Monday.
- Ravi Shankar Prasad, Vinay Sahasrabuddhe opt for home quarantine(15:35)
New Delhi, Aug 3 (IANS) A day after Union Home Minister Amit Shah tested positive for novel coronavirus (Covid-19) and was admitted in a private hospital, Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad also went into home quarantine as he had met Shah on Saturday.
- 1,300 firefighters battling massive California wildfire (Ld)(14:37)
San Francisco, Aug 3 (IANS) More than 1,300 firefighters, backed by helicopters and water-dumping planes, were battling a massive wildfire in Southern California that has forced thousands of people from their homes east of Los Angeles.
- Chemical-laced potatoes being sold in Delhi, Bidhuri writes to L-G(13:29)
New Delhi, Aug 3 (IANS) Potatoes being sold in Delhi could be laced with harmful chemicals. Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly Ramvir Singh Bidhuri has written a letter to the Lieutenant Governor about the poisonous vegetables and demanded an investigation by the Crime Branch.
- K'taka doctor cheers up Covid patients with birthday bash(13:00)
Ballari (Karnataka), Aug 3 (IANS) A 28-year-old doctor from Karnataka's Ballari district has celebrated his birthday with coronavirus patients to cheer them up as most of them are gloomy in isolation, said an official on Monday.
- Covid-19 toll crosses 200-mark in Odisha(12:59)
Bhubaneswar, Aug 3 (IANS) The Covid-19 death toll crossed the 200-mark in Odisha as 10 patients succumbed to the deadly virus in the last 24 hours, informed the health department on Monday.