- Indian Army officer to be honoured with UN Gender Advocate Award(18:20)
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) An Indian Army officer Major Suman Gawani is being awarded the prestigious United Nations Military Gender Advocate award later on Friday. She served as a women peacekeeper with the United Nations Mission in South Sudan in 2019.
- Trump executive order escalates war on social media platforms (2nd Ld)(08:03)
By Nikhila Natarajan
New York, May 29 (IANS) Two days after Twitter inserted fact checks into US president Donald Trump's tweets, Trump hit back against social media platforms with an executive order on "preventing online censorship" and skewering Twitter for "political bias".
- Leopard attacks Telangana forest officials(14:32)
Hyderabad, May 28 (IANS) Two forest personnel were injured in Telangana's Nalgonda district on Thursday when a leopard attacked them while they were helping to free it from barbed wires it was entangled in.
- More than 1 in 6 youths jobless due to COVID-19: ILO(09:05)
Geneva, May 28 (IANS) More than one in six youths were jobless since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic while those who remain employed have seen their working hours cut by 23 per cent, according to a report by the International Labour Organization (ILO).
- Locust attack feared in eastern UP now(12:40)
Lucknow, May 27 (IANS) The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh has now asked all District Magistrates to remain prepared for the movement of the swarm of locusts in their areas.
- 'Flying Bullets' operationalised, IAF chief takes Tejas sortie(12:12)
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) Indian Air Chief Marshal R.K.S. Bhadauria flew the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas fighter on Wednesday with the 45 Squadron at Air Force Station Sulur near Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu. This will be the first major event for the IAF since the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Cheating in exams like pandemic, can ruin society: Delhi HC(00:11)
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) The Delhi High Court, while dismissing a petition filed by Delhi University student allegedly caught cheating during the examination, observed that "copying and cheating" in examinations is like a "pandemic which can ruin society and the educational system of any country".
- Sanitizers manufactured by anonymous firms being sold in Delhi(20:46)
New Delhi, May 26 (IANS) Hand sanitizers manufactured by anonymous companies are being sold at almost all shops at Bhagirath Palace, the biggest medicine market in the national capital, where drug dealers from neighbouring Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan come to buy medicines, masks and sanitizers.
- Nashik man develops tractor-mounted for mass sanitisation(15:06)
Nashik (Maharashtra) Mumbai, May 26 (IANS) A firm resolve to prevent the coronavirus from entering his village prompted a Nashik man and his two sons to develop an innovative tractor-mounted sanitization sprayer which has drawn huge attention.