- Covid deaths, positive cases continue to surge in Telangana(24 minutes ago)
Hyderabad, May 25 (IANS) The surge in coronavirus deaths continued in Telangana with three more fatalities on Monday while the spike in infections among foreign evacuees is posing a new challenge to the state health authorities.
- COVID-19 compels couple to wed midway on Assam-Bengal border(25 minutes ago)
By Sujit Chakraborty
Guwahati/Agartala, May 25 (IANS) The COVID-19-induced lockdown, intricate protocols and copious impediments did not deter the determination of Assam's Kajol and West Bengal's Om Prakash to tie the knot after travelling a lengthy route.
- Mumbai crosses 1,000 deaths, MMR has over 40K cases (Roundup)(21:50)
By Quaid Najmi
Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) Exactly 65 days after recording the first Covid-19 death, Mumbai on Monday crossed 1,000-mark with 38 deaths, taking the death toll to 1,026, while the Mumbai Metropolitan Region notched over 40K cases, health officials said here.
- Landing in Bengaluru, minister skips quarantine, raises eyebrows(21:50)
Bengaluru, May 25 (IANS) Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers, Sadananda Gowda, kicked off a controversy by avoiding the quarantine regulations in force in Karnataka, where he landed on Monday, the first day of domestic flight services resumption in the country.
- Sealing Ghaziabad border causes traffic snarls, confusion(21:18)
Ghaziabad, May 25 (IANS) After the Ghaziabad district administration on Monday once again decided to seal its borders with the national capital, daily commuters and officegoers on their way back found themselves stranded in serpentine traffic queues, some extending beyond a kilometre, said eyewitnesses.
- Maximum Shramik specials reached UP, started in Gujarat(20:41)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) Of the 3,060 Shramik special trains run across the country ferrying over 40 lakh passengers up to 10 a.m. of Monday, maximum trains reached UP. In terms of origin, Gujarat topped the list.
- Kerala for more flights from US, Canada(20:24)
Thiruvananthapuram, May 25 (IANS) Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, here on Monday, assured representatives of various Kerala organisations in the US through video link that the state had demanded more international flights to fly back Keralites back home.
- 805 new Covid-19 cases take TN's tally to 17,082(20:14)
Chennai, May 25 (IANS) Tamil Nadu continued to register rise in number of Covid-19 patients, with 805 people testing positive over the past 24 hours. Of the new cases, 93 are from other states, according to the State Health Department, here on Monday.
- Mo Bus services to resume in Cuttack, Bhubaneswar(20:11)
Bhubaneswar, May 25 (IANS) The Odisha government has ordered resumption of the Capital Region Urban Transport's (CRUT) Mo Bus services in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack from Tuesday, an official said, here on Monday.
- Intelligent Testing Strategy for being 'ahead of virus': ICMR(19:51)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) The Indian Council of Medical Research on Monday said that India developed an Intelligent Testing Strategy to remain 'ahead of the virus' by developing testing infrastructure that is laboratories and other means of testing.
- Priyanka raps Yogi on migrants testing positive remark(19:30)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, here on Monday, took a jibe at UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath over his statement that people returning to the state from other states were raising the number of coronavirus cases and asked him to share the testing and infection data with full transparency.
- Fifth Rail Bhawan staffer tests Covid-19 positive(18:46)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) One more railways staffer posted at the Rail Bhavan, here on Monday, tested coronavirus positive, taking the number of Covid-19 cases at the Indian Railways' headquarters to five, within two weeks.
- Kerala CM's hometown turns coronavirus hotspot(18:20)
Thiruvananthapuram, May 25 (IANS) When the figures of the Covid-19 impact on Monday was reviewed, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan's hometown -- Pinarayi in Kannur has been declared as a new hotspot.
- Domestic flights take off amid chaos, confusion (Lead)(18:20)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) Passengers were seen harried across airports, including the national capital's Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA), on Monday as many domestic flights were cancelled due to the limit on arrivals and departures by state governments.
- Cops gift toys to migrant children in UP(17:52)
Jhansi (UP), May 25 (IANS) The Jhansi police presented its human face on Sunday when it distributed toys to children of migrant workers on the UP-MP border.