- Kerala sanctions Rs 1.30-cr compensation to ISRO ex-scientist(18:06)
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 11 (IANS) The Kerala government on Tuesday sanctioned Rs 1.30 crore as compensation to former ISRO scientist S Nambi Narayanan for being falsely implicated in an espionage case and the consequent wrongful imprisonment, malicious prosecution and humiliation.
- Covid reunites J'khand family after 20 years(17:54)
Ranchi, Aug 11 (IANS) Amid the rising Coronavirus cases and deaths across the world, a heart-warming story has emerged from coal city Dhanbad where a man was reunited with wife and child after 20 years.
- Manufacture of steam generator for 5th Kudankulam n-plant begins(12:20)
Chennai, Aug 11 (IANS) Russia's integrated nuclear power company, Rosatom State Atomic Energy Corporation on Tuesday said it has started manufacturing a set of steam generators for the fifth 1,000 MW atomic power plant to be set up in Kudankulam, Tamil Nadu.
- 'Missing' woman returns to find family in jail for her 'murder'(10:58)
Amroha (Uttar Pradesh), Aug 10 (IANS) One and a half years after remaining missing, a woman in Uttar Pradesh surfaced at her home, only to find that her father, brother and another family member has been languishing in jail all this while for apparently murdering her.
- Now 'boat ambulance' service to be launched in Maharashtra(20:25)
Mumbai, Aug 9 (IANS) The Maharashtra government has given the green signal for launching a "boat ambulance-cum-mobile medical unit" service between Mumbai and Raigad, on an experimental basis, an official said here on Sunday.
- Unique police cafe opens in Muzaffarnagar(13:28)
Muzaffarnagar (UP), Aug 9 (IANS) After setting up a washing line for police personnel in April this year, Muzaffarnagar SSP Abhishek Yadav has now opened a 'police cafe' in the district.
- '1806 not 1857? History of Indian freedom struggle should be rewritten'(11:45)
BY BRIJ KHANDELWAL
Agra, Aug 9 (IANS) Unfazed by the possibility that her assertions could open up a Pandora's Box of controversies and trigger a north-versus-south India debate, historian S. Chandni Bi says there is need for a thorough review and rewriting of history of pre-independence India, objectively assessing the role of each region and community.