- Artificial light at night linked to high breast cancer risk(16:44)
New York, June 3 (IANS) In a warning to women living in towns and cities which are flooded with all sorts of artificial outdoor light at night, new research claim that outdoor light at night is linked to a higher risk of breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
- Eating whole grains helps cut diabetes risk(14:38)
New York, June 2 (IANS) Eating higher intake of high-quality carbohydrates, especially from whole grains, are associated with a lower risk for type 2 diabetes, say researchers.
- Google Search offers self-assessment test to fight anxiety(18:12)
San Francisco, May 31 (IANS) Google has announced to help people who search for information about anxiety on its platform, with access to medically-validated information about anxiety, including symptoms and common treatments in Covid-19 times.
- Google tells people to cut screen fatigue at home(17:57)
San Francisco, May 31 (IANS) As people spend more time online attending meetings, classes, binge-watching Netflix and gaming, screen fatigue has affected millions and Google experts have now listed some advice to cut screen time and stay healthy.
- ITC Hotels partners with Swiggy for home delivery of food(16:16)
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) As part of its responsible dining initiative, ITC Hotels on Friday announced a partnership with on-demand delivery platform Swiggy so that people can continue to enjoy their favourite dishes from popular restaurants of the hotel chain while staying at home.
- Effective ways to stay healthy, safe during pregnancy in current times(18:53)
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) As social distancing and staying at home have become the "new normal" in the current scenario, it is important for pregnant women to keep a calm mind, continue their checkups with doctors on online sessions, and be open about their concerns, say experts.
- Young adults more likely to die from epilepsy: Study(15:19)
London, May 25 (IANS) A new study has claimed that young adults aged between 16 and 24 may have a six-fold increased risk of epilepsy-related death, a disorder in which nerve cell activity in the brain is disturbed, causing seizures.
- 1-year-old chef sets Instagram on fire, gets 1.4 mn followers(13:31)
New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) A tiny toddler known as "Chef Kobe" has gained over 1.4 million followers on Instagram within months of opening the account, as lockdown-hit netizens the world over crave to watch short videos featuring his antics in the kitchen.