- Afghanistan to host int'l conference on peace process(15 minutes ago)
Kabul, July 6 (IANS) Afghanistan on Monday will host a virtual meeting of 19 representatives from nations as well as international organizations to discuss peace and build consensus on the reconciliation process in the country.
- Afghanistan's Abdullah Abdullah to visit Pakistan soon(11:43)
Islamabad, July 6 (IANS) Abdullah Abdullah, the head of Afghan peace council, will soon pay an official visit to Pakistan as part of efforts to advance the peace process that has entered a crucial phase, it was reported on Monday.
- Incidents of violence against women increase in Pak(11:42)
Islamabad, July 6 (IANS) The Aurat Foundation, a non-governmental organisation working for womens rights in Pakistan, has said that the COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected women in the country.
- 17 killed in Chicago during I-Day weekend(10:32)
Chicago, July 6 (IANS) At least 17 people were killed and 63 others injured in Chicago over the Independence Day holiday weekend as a result of gun violence.
- IS intensifies attacks in Syrian desert: Monitor(09:59)
Damascus, July 6 (IANS) The Islamic State (IS) terror group has intensified attacks against the Syrian government forces in the country's eastern desert region, according to a war monitor.
- Walgreens, NZ-based Stuff join 'boycott Facebook' campaign(09:59)
San Francisco, July 6 (IANS) Leading US drugstore chain Walgreens and New Zealand-based news site Stuff have decided to quit Facebook and its sister platforms amid criticism over its handling of hate speech and misinformation.
- NYC to enter phase-3 reopening on Monday(09:59)
New York, July 6 (IANS) New York City will enter phase three of reopening on Monday as scheduled, but without the resumption of indoor dining, New York state Governor Andrew Cuomo said.
- Iran's trade with US down by half in 5 months(09:36)
Tehran, July 6 (IANS) The value of Iran's trade with the US stood at $20 million during the first five months of 2020, a more than 50 per cent decline, a news report revealed.
- Migrant rescue ship allowed to dock in Italy(09:36)
Rome, July 6 (IANS) A migrant rescue ship carrying 180 would-be asylum seekers has been allowed to dock in Italy after being denied entry to ports in Malta and France, the crew said.
- Israel strikes Hamas sites in retaliation(09:04)
Jerusalem, July 6 (IANS) The Israeli military has said that it struck Hamas sites in the Gaza Strip in retaliation against rocket attacks by Gaza-based militants.
- UAE announces broad govt reshuffle amid pandemic(09:03)
Dubai, July 6 (IANS) The United Arab Emirates (UAE) announced a broad government reshuffle, merging several ministries and departments and appointing new economy and industry ministers amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Heavy rains, flooding kills 18 in Japan(09:03)
Tokyo, July 6 (IANS) Massive flooding and landslides triggered by torrential rain in the Japanese prefecture of Kumamoto have claimed the lives of 18 people, while 14 others were reported missing, it was reported.
- US FDA commissioner refuses to offer Covid-19 vaccine timing(05:40)
Washington, July 6 (IANS) Commissioner of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Stephen Hahn has refused to offer a timeline for Covid-19 vaccine, which US President Donald Trump suggested could be available "long before the end of the year".