- Indian visitor accused of bribing Dubai policeman(15:06)
Dubai, Sep 29 (IANS) An Indian visitor to Dubai, who was caught not wearing a mask and flouting the city's Covid-19 rules, has been accused of offering a 3,000-dirham bribe to a policeman, it was reported.
- Former Amazon executive charged with insider trading in US(13:58)
San Francisco, Sep 29 (IANS) The US Securities and Exchange Commission has charged a former finance manager at Amazon and two family members with insider trading in advance of Amazon earnings announcements between January 2016 and July 2018.
- Indian expat students in UAE launch app, comic series(15:31)
Dubai, Sep 28 (IANS) A 17-year-old Indian expat student has teamed up with his younger brother to launch a savings calculator and a comic series based on economic and market trends for the benefit of pupils and blue collar workers in the United Arab Emirates.
- Indian-American running for Lt. Governor of Virginia(14:12)
Washington, Sep 27 (IANS) Puneet Ahluwalia, an Indian-American business consultant, is running for the Republican nomination for Lt. Governor of Virginia, saying the state needs a new leadership to attract investment, jobs, growth and wealth, it was reported.
- Indian in UAE to fly home after 14 yrs following fine waiver(14:15)
Dubai, Sep 26 (IANS) A stranded Indian visitor, who came to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on a visit in 2006, is finally going to return home on Saturday 14 years later after fines worth 511,200 dirhams were waived off, a media report said.
- Biden vows to address Indian-Americans' concerns on H-1B(14:56)
Washington, Sep 24 (IANS) Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has vowed to address the Indian-American community's concerns related to the H-1B work visa, which President Donald Trump's administration has temporarily suspended, the media reported.
- 2 Hyderabad Amazon ex-workers charged in US bribery case(02:17)
By Arul Louis
New York, Sep 20 (IANS) Two former Amazon employee in Hyderabad and four others have been charged in a US federal court in an alleged bribery scheme that gave some third-party merchants on the platform competitive benefits worth $100 million, according to the Department of Justice.
- Trump makes headway among Indian-Americans, but Biden has huge lead(10:43)
New Sep 17 (IANS) An overwhelming majority of Indian-Americans will be voting for the Democratic Party presidential candidate Joe Biden, whose running mate is Kamala Harris, according to a voter survey, but President Donald Trump has also made a double-digit increase in support among the community.
- Indian stars join Toronto charity to raise money for India's poor kids(07:28)
Toronto, Sep 17 (IANS) As the Corona pandemic takes increasing toll in India, the Canadian branch of the Indian charity, AIM for SEVA - which builds and runs educational hostels in rural areas - raised more than $550,000 this week through individual donations to rush the money to India.
- Chinese construction activities observed near Uttarakhand border(17:16)
By Sumit Kumar Singh
New Delhi, Sep 16 (IANS) Amid border tension at eastern Ladakh, Chinese construction activities were observed near the border at Uttarakhand. "Hut-like structures on the Chinese side, very close to Tinkar-Lipu pass of Nepal, were observed," sources said on Wednesday.
- Indian expat nurse succumbs to Covid-19 in Oman(14:35)
Muscat, Sep 16 (IANS) An India expatriate nurse succumbed to Covid-19 at the Royal hospital here, registering the first coronavirus-related death among MoH health workers in Oman, the Ministry of Health said in a statement on Wednesday.
- Indian flies home after 13 years of overstaying in UAE(13:52)
Dubai, Sep 15 (IANS) After living in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for 13 years without any valid documents, an Indian man finally flew home after getting a waiver of nearly half a million dirhams in overstay fines, it was reported.
- Job losses weighing heavy on expats' minds: Official(13:25)
Panaji, Sep 11 (IANS) The thought of returning home from abroad after losing jobs amid the Covid-19 pandemic continues to be a key concern for Indian expatriates, said Shubham Singh, Protector of Emigrants for Karnataka and Goa region.