- No quarantine for asymptomatic passengers coming to Delhi(8 minutes ago)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) The Delhi government on Monday issued guidelines for the passengers coming to the national capital on flights, trains and buses, saying the asymptomatic ones will be allowed to go with advice that they will self-monitor their health for 14 days.
- Delhi's power demand touches season's peak, up by 56% from April(22:13)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) The peak power demand in the national capital has touched season's highest at 5,268 MW on intervening night of Sunday and Monday and was up by 56 per cent over April, the BSES said, adding that the discoms are ready to meet Delhi's demand.
- IDFC First Bank CEO to take 30% pay cut(19:34)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) IDFC First Bank announced on Monday that its senior management will take 10 per cent cut in compensation in the current financial year 2020-21.
- Domestic flights take off amid chaos, confusion (Lead)(18:20)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) Passengers were seen harried across airports, including the national capital's Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA), on Monday as many domestic flights were cancelled due to the limit on arrivals and departures by state governments.
- Zomato's food delivery CEO Mohit Gupta made co-founder(18:14)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) Foodtech unicorn Zomato has promoted its CEO for Food Delivery, Mohit Gupta, to the position of Co-Founder. The announcement was made by Zomato CEO Deepinder Goyal in an internal email to employees.
- NCLAT dismisses NCLT order to make MCA party to every IBC case(16:18)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) The National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) has set aside an order of the Principal Bench of NCLT that the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) will have to be made a party to every case under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
- Malls lose Rs 90k cr in 2 months, SCAI seeks adequate relief(15:38)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) The Shopping Centres Association of India (SCAI) on Monday said the sector has lost over Rs 90,000 crore in the last two months, owing to the lockdown, and market players need much more than the repo rate cut and the loan moratorium extended by the RBI.
- Only Guwahati, Imphal of 12 N-E airports receive flights(15:35)
Guwahati/Agartala, May 25 (IANS) Except Guwahati and Imphal airports, no passenger flight landed at any other airport in the north-eastern states on Monday as the Kolkata airport, hit by the cyclone Amphan last week, was shut, said top AAI officials.
- Suzuki Motor resumes operations in Gujarat plant(15:29)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) Suzuki Motor Gujarat Pvt Ltd resumed its operations on Monday at its Gujarat plant after over two months amid the nationwide lockdown, Maruti Suzuki India said in a regulatory filing.
- Realme to produce Smart TVs in India post-lockdown, flagship TVs soon(14:47)
By Md Waquar Haider
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) Chinese smartphone brand Realme which is locally manufacturing every single smartphone that is being sold in India will begin production of its newly-launched Smart TVs in the country once the lockdown is over and situation stabilizes, Madhav Sheth, Vice President, realme and CEO, Realme India said on Monday.
- Only lead agency may be allowed to probe corporate, tax frauds in future(14:42)
By Subhash Narayan
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) Government proposes to further streamline and simplify the processes to deal with corporate and tax related frauds by identifying and instituting lead investigating agency for each case and only allowing that body to undertake the preliminary work.