- Amazon launches new fulfilment centre in Tamil Nadu(15:35)
Chennai, Sep 29 (IANS) Gearing up for the festive season, Amazon India on Tuesday said it has launched a specialised fulfilment centre in Tamil Nadu, along with the expansion of an existing centre.
- Etrio raises $3mn to launch new EVs in India(15:15)
Hyderabad, Sep 29 (IANS) Hyderabad-based electric vehicle startup Etrio on Tuesday said it has raised of $3 million (approximately Rs 22 crore) in Series A round from high networth individual investors based out of Singapore.
- Xiaomi's Mi India forays into smart home category in India(14:47)
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) Xiaomi subsidiary Mi India on Tuesday forayed into the smartwatch and smart speaker categories, along with launching other affordable smart home products for the India market ahead of the festive season.
- SEBI best placed to probe MF-related issues: Franklin Templeton(14:06)
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) Calling the recent FIR by Chennai Financial Markets and Accountability (CFMA) against Franklin Templeton India, the fund house has said the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) was best placed to handle any issue related to mutual fund investments.
- Former Amazon executive charged with insider trading in US(13:58)
San Francisco, Sep 29 (IANS) The US Securities and Exchange Commission has charged a former finance manager at Amazon and two family members with insider trading in advance of Amazon earnings announcements between January 2016 and July 2018.
- Khadi artisans feel heat due to uncertainty over Railways' order(13:33)
By Anand Singh
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) The Indian Railways decision to not provide bed sheets and pillow covers etc to passengers travelling in air-conditioned coaches in view of the coronavirus pandemic has left weavers and artisans involved in making khadi products as well as KVIC officials sweating.
- Maruti Suzuki enrols 5 new start-ups in innovation lab programme(12:38)
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) Automobile major Maruti Suzuki India on Tuesday said that it has enrolled five new start-ups under its MAIL (Mobility and Automobile Innovation Lab) programme that supports start-ups by co-creating innovative business solutions.
- Flipkart partners Bajaj Allianz to offer cyber fraud insurance(12:34)
Bengaluru, Sep 29 (IANS) Keeping the upcoming festive season and growing online frauds in mind, Flipkart on Tuesday announced a partnership with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company to offer âDigital Suraksha Group Insurance for customers in the country.
- Samsung partners Microsoft to scale enterprise 5G deployment(09:47)
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) Samsung on Tuesday announced a collaboration with Microsoft on an end-to-end, Cloud-based private 5G network solution to drive innovation that lowers the barrier to entry for deployment of private 5G networks in enterprises.
- Fundraising norms for REITs, InvITs eased amid Covid(23:07)
Mumbai, Sep 28 (IANS) The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on Monday eased the norms for fundraising by Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs) in view of the pandemic.
- Pharma Secy Vaghela appointed new TRAI Chairman(22:18)
New Delhi, Sep 28 (IANS) The Centre on Monday appointed P.D. Vaghela, currently the Secretary of the Department of Pharmaceuticals, as the new Chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
- Key MPC meet deferred over delay in naming external members(22:05)
Mumbai, Sep 28 (IANS) In a rare instance, the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting has been postponed and a major reason for the decision is possibly the three vacant posts of external members which the government has not filled so far.
- Exchanges, clearing corps asked to begin asset liquidation of defaulters(20:34)
Mumbai, Sep 28 (IANS) The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has directed stock exchanges and clearing corporations to initiate proceedings for liquidation of both movable and immovable assets of defaulting trading and clearing members within six months of declaration of the defaulters.
- Govt may consider halving cess on domestic crude(20:14)
New Delhi, Sep 28 (IANS) The government may give a 'Make in India' push to oil and gas explorers, as it is considering a proposal to halve cess on domestic crude oil to encourage exploration activity and allow Covid-hit oil producers to protect their margins at a time when a glut in the market and suppressed demand is pushing down prices.
- Only pure mustard oil from Oct 1, consumers and farmers to benefit(20:14)
By Pramod Kumar Jha
New Delhi, Sep 28 (IANS) Consumers will now get only pure mustard oil as the Central government has banned the mixing of any other edible oil with mustard oil. The ban imposed by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) will come into force from October 1, 2020.