- No quarantine for asymptomatic passengers coming to Delhi(3 minutes ago)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) The Delhi government on Monday issued guidelines for the passengers coming to the national capital on flights, trains and buses, saying the asymptomatic ones will be allowed to go with advice that they will self-monitor their health for 14 days.
- Salman Khan's Eid 2020 blockbuster is a song titled 'Bhai bhai'(24 minutes ago)
Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has ‘released an Eid 2020 blockbuster for fans, after all! Since the lockdown prevented him from releasing his film "Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai" as earlier planned, the superstar has gone ahead and released a brand new song, titled "Bhai bhai".
- Andhra govt puts plans to sell TTD properties on hold(25 minutes ago)
Amaravati, 25 May (IANS) The government of Andhra Pradesh on Monday stepped in to put on hold the proposed sale of unviable assets belonging to the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD). The state government stepped in to control the damage following the rising resentment in several quarters over the recent move by the Board of Trustees of the TTD.
- Amid Centre-state row, hectic politicking in Maharashtra(22:35)
Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) Amid the ongoing row between the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) at the Centre and the Maharashtra's Maha Vikas Aghadi government over the issue of migrants' trains and the Covid-19 pandemic, hectic politicking started in the state on Monday, sparking off speculation.
- Delhi's power demand touches season's peak, up by 56% from April(22:13)
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) The peak power demand in the national capital has touched season's highest at 5,268 MW on intervening night of Sunday and Monday and was up by 56 per cent over April, the BSES said, adding that the discoms are ready to meet Delhi's demand.
- COVID-19 compels couple to wed midway on Assam-Bengal border(22:08)
Guwahati/Agartala, May 25 (IANS) The COVID-19-induced lockdown, intricate protocols and copious impediments did not deter the determination of Assam's Kajol and West Bengal's Om Prakash to tie the knot after travelling a lengthy route.
- Mumbai crosses 1,000 deaths, MMR has over 40K cases (Roundup)(21:50)
Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) Exactly 65 days after recording the first Covid-19 death, Mumbai on Monday crossed 1,000-mark with 38 deaths, taking the death toll to 1,026, while the Mumbai Metropolitan Region notched over 40K cases, health officials said here.
- Landing in Bengaluru, minister skips quarantine, raises eyebrows(21:50)
Bengaluru, May 25 (IANS) Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers, Sadananda Gowda, kicked off a controversy by avoiding the quarantine regulations in force in Karnataka, where he landed on Monday, the first day of domestic flight services resumption in the country.
- Sealing Ghaziabad border causes traffic snarls, confusion(21:18)
Ghaziabad, May 25 (IANS) After the Ghaziabad district administration on Monday once again decided to seal its borders with the national capital, daily commuters and officegoers on their way back found themselves stranded in serpentine traffic queues, some extending beyond a kilometre, said eyewitnesses.