- 17 killed in Chicago during I-Day weekend(10 minutes ago)
Chicago, July 6 (IANS) At least 17 people were killed and 63 others injured in Chicago over the Independence Day holiday weekend as a result of gun violence.
- DDCA may request HC for extension of time to hold elections(10 minutes ago)
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) The Delhi and District Cricket Association may move to the High Court for extension of time to hold elections for the post of President and other vacant posts. The matter of holding the elections will be further discussed on Tuesday before taking a final call on the matter.
- Good screen time v/s bad screen time for kids(10 minutes ago)
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) The coronavirus pandemic and the unprecedented measures taken worldwide to contain its spread have disrupted nearly every aspect of children's lives. Caregivers and educators are trying to find new ways to keep children learning by developing online and offline learning materials.
- Corona cases in India inch towards 7L mark, with 19,693 deaths(10:00)
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) India on Monday recorded over 24,248 new cases and 425 deaths in the last 24 hours, pushing the total tally to 6,97,413 with 19,693 deaths as it surpasses Russia to become the country with third-highest coronavirus cases.
- IS intensifies attacks in Syrian desert: Monitor(09:59)
Damascus, July 6 (IANS) The Islamic State (IS) terror group has intensified attacks against the Syrian government forces in the country's eastern desert region, according to a war monitor.
- Walgreens, NZ-based Stuff join 'boycott Facebook' campaign(09:59)
San Francisco, July 6 (IANS) Leading US drugstore chain Walgreens and New Zealand-based news site Stuff have decided to quit Facebook and its sister platforms amid criticism over its handling of hate speech and misinformation.
- NYC to enter phase-3 reopening on Monday(09:59)
New York, July 6 (IANS) New York City will enter phase three of reopening on Monday as scheduled, but without the resumption of indoor dining, New York state Governor Andrew Cuomo said.
- Iran's trade with US down by half in 5 months(09:36)
Tehran, July 6 (IANS) The value of Iran's trade with the US stood at $20 million during the first five months of 2020, a more than 50 per cent decline, a news report revealed.
- Migrant workers to give makeover to UP schools(09:36)
Lucknow, July 6 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh education department has decided to employ migrant workers in all 75 districts to give a makeover to government -- run primary and upper primary schools in the state.
- Migrant rescue ship allowed to dock in Italy(09:36)
Rome, July 6 (IANS) A migrant rescue ship carrying 180 would-be asylum seekers has been allowed to dock in Italy after being denied entry to ports in Malta and France, the crew said.
- Recite prayers from home: Dalai Lama's appeal on his birthday(09:36)
Dharamsala, July 6 (IANS) Revered globally as a 'living god', Buddhist spiritual leader the Dalai Lama, who transcends all barriers of religion, language and even distances, turned 85 on Monday and his followers began the global virtual celebrations to dedicate him the 'Year of Gratitude'.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite: S Pen, low price steal the show(09:18)
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) Samsung's Galaxy Tab S6 Lite arrived in India just when you desired it the most. Your school-going children perhaps never truly needed a device like this than they require now because of the online classes that have become the norm for quite some time now.
- Israel strikes Hamas sites in retaliation(09:04)
Jerusalem, July 6 (IANS) The Israeli military has said that it struck Hamas sites in the Gaza Strip in retaliation against rocket attacks by Gaza-based militants.