- Om Birla nominates 15 Lok Sabha MPs for Delimitation Commission(01:10)
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla has nominated 15 MPs from Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Manipur as Associate Members to assist the Delimitation Commission in re-drawing the Lok Sabha as well as assembly constituencies of the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and the northeastern states.
- easyJet to launch consultation process on staff reduction(00:52)
Mumbai, May 29 (IANS) Low-cost European airline easyJet will shortly launch an employee consultation process on proposals to reduce staff strength by up to 30 per cent. The move is consequent to the airline's plan to restructure its business.
- Domestic returnees continue to swell K'taka Covid tally(00:26)
Bengaluru, May 29 (IANS) People returning from two states hit hard by the Covid-19 pandemic have increased the number of cases in Karnataka in the past 19 hours by 115, raising the state's tally to 2,533, an official said on Thursday.
- LG considering public prosecutors suggested by Delhi Police for riots cases(00:12)
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) The appointment of special public prosecutors in cases related to the riots in northeast Delhi earlier this year may lead to a fresh set of confrontation between the Delhi government and Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal, with the latter considering public prosecutors suggested by the Delhi Police.
- With 68 new cases, Gurugram records highest single-day spike(00:08)
Gurugram, May 28 (IANS) Gurugram is turning out to be a breeding ground for coronavirus these days. On Thursday, the district reported 68 new cases, the highest in a single, taking Gurugrams Covid-19 tally to 405, including 209 active cases.
- Guard at Delhi Covid hospital dies of infection(00:08)
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) A security guard at Delhi government's Rajiv Gandhi Super Speciality Hospital, a dedicated hospital for Covid cases, died of the infection on Thursday, the hospital said.