- Attachment of properties by ED illegal, J.P. Morgan tells SC(23:38)
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) J.P. Morgan India on Wednesday told the Supreme Court that it has not committed any wrongdoing and the attachment of its properties by the Enforcement Directorate is "blatantly illegal", as it has no role in the Amrapali Group housing scam.
- Trump offers to mediate between India, China (Lead)(23:18)
New York, May 27 (IANS) Despite his tensions with Beijing, US President Donald Trump has offered to "mediate or arbitrate" the border dispute between India and China as the situation heated up with threats from both Beijing and Islamabad.
- Gujarat's tally crosses 15K, death toll 938(23:18)
Gandhinagar, May 27 (IANS) The total number of corona positive cases climbed over the the 15,000 mark in Gujaratent as 376 fresh cases were added on Wednesday, taking the total to 15,205.
- Facebook refutes WSJ report, lists efforts to curb polarisation(23:18)
San Francisco, May 27 (IANS) Facebook on Wednesday refuted a Wall Street Journal report claiming that the company "shut down efforts to make the site less divisive" and "largely shelved" internal research on whether social media increases polarisation.
- Covid spread not alarming despite relaxations, says KCR(22:59)
Hyderabad, May 27 (IANS) Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao on Wednesday said that people should not be scared or feel fearful about coronavirus, as the spread was not on an alarming scale despite relaxations in the lockdown. He, however, said people should be cautious and alert.
- Tendulkar reminded of childhood seeing Lara's son's batting grip(22:27)
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) West Indies cricket legend Brian Lara shared a video of his son playing cricket with a plastic bat. The West Indies great noted that the way he grips the bat shows that he wants to be a left-handed batsman but the boy is batting right handed.
- Telangana imposes salary cut for employees for May too(22:21)
Hyderabad, May 27 (IANS) The Telangana government on Wednesday decided to continue 50 per cent salary cut for the employees for the month of May in view of the state's revenues reaching rock-bottom due to Covid-19 induced lockdown.
- Taj, Vivanta to have digital menus as services resume post lockdown(22:10)
Mumbai, May 27 (IANS) Indian Hotels Company (IHCL) on Wednesday announced that hotels under its brands Taj, Vivanta, SeleQtions and Ginger are implementing enhanced precautionary measures as it prepares for resumption of services post the lockdown whereby the menus in these hotels will be largely digital or single use menus.
- Senior Delhi cop tests positive for COVID-19(22:05)
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) With coronavirus cases in the national capital spiking at an alarming rate, the latest target of the deadly virus is a senior IPS officer from Delhi Police.
- Karnataka to create state health register for better services(22:03)
Bengaluru, May 27 (IANS) The Karnataka government has launched a pilot programme for a 'State Health Register' to gather health insights on the state populace for providing better healthcare services in the future, a minister said on Wednesday.
- Spain mulling return of fans for LaLiga 2020/21 season(21:47)
Madrid, May 27 (IANS) Spanish Sports Council President Irene Lozano said that Spain would be considering the return of fans in LaLiga matches next season. LaLiga clubs have resumed group training this month with an aim to resume the 2019/20 season in the month of June.